Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Make Your Own Needle Free Flu Shot




This recipe can help you prevent of fight off all kinds of infections and viruses.  It is so beneficial that whenever my daughter gets sick she asks for it.  It has been called many things; Fire Cider, and Master Tonic to name a couple.  I like to call it the Flu Shot because I keep it handy during flu season. 

We like to go to the local Farmers Market to collect the ingredients. 

 Here is what you will need:


2 Cloves of Garlic (anti-viral, fungicide, immune stimulant)*
1 Whole White Onion (same properties as garlic, THEY are from the same family)*
1 Ginger Root (Digestive aid)
1 Horse radish (stimulates blood flow, diuretic, antiseptic, stimulant, clears nasal passages)
1 Gallon Apple Cider Vinegar (MANY USES!!!!I use the organic kind) 
Combination of Hot Peppers (Serrano, Jalapeno, Habanero etc.)
Glass Container (I used one of those alkaline water jugs but did not like the tiny spout when it was time to drain.  Next batch will be made with a wide mouth spout)
Cheese Cloth (to strain your batch)
Gloves (Trust me wear the ENTIRE time)
Funnel (to do what it does J )
Mason Jars (I bottled about 9 jars when it was done steeping)
TIME  (2weeks to steep)


It is very simple.  You grate all the ingredients ( I use the food processor) and place them in your glass container.  When you are done chopping and grating and putting them in the jar, you are going to pour the apple cider vinegar in the container.   

You will steep this mixture in a dark place for two weeks, shaking it up once daily.  I stored ours in a paper bag under the sink.  Remember that light can kill the medicinal properties in this mixture so keep it dark!!




I read that you are supposed to do this on the new moon and let it steep through the full moon.  During the new moon the earth has more of a gravitational pull and it will pull out the medicinal properties better.  We did our first batch to the new moon; I really liked getting back to nature so I think we will continue that tradition.   

Above is the finished product.  I have also used the containers that the organic apple cider vinegar came in.  I like using the mason jars though cause then I can give the tonic out as a gift. 

WARNING!!!!  This is extremely HOT and takes some will power to get it down.  You only need to take two shots a day.  My daughters call it Devil Juice, but NEVER hesitate to take some when they are not feeling well.


Disclaimer:  This is good to have in your arsenal of prevention but does not take the place of a doctor visit or anything like that.  Oh yea, I am suppose to say this too - THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES, IF YOU ARE SICK O SEE YOUR DOCTOR.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment